Friday, September 21, 2012

4th of July Rosette Card



This is the first card I made using a Rosette.  I think it creates a dramatic effect for such a quick and simple technique.....    I had to design a special envelope for these cards using a gusset effect because of thickness created by rosette....      I don't know why but I thought Rosettes required templates or special tools, they don't and they are very simple to make.    If you haven't tried making one, give it a try.   You can change the style by making strips wider or by using punches on one edge....   I used 2 strips 1" wide x 12" long and used the scallop punch (stampin up) on one side of strip....   I used Martha Stewart Score Pad to score strips every 1/2 "......    I used sticky tape on the first couple  to adhere circles to front and back of rosette....   but now use hot glue gun...   (it is stronger and secures the folds immediately)  

No comments:

Post a Comment